This blog has moved!

Please go to my new Psychology Today blog to see what I'm up to. To buy the book, Bonobo Handshake, please visit my website. To follow the adventures of the Lola ya Bonobo orphans, please visit Friends of Bonobos

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bigfoot

Earlier this year I had to write an article on Bigfoot. I started out not believing in Bigfoot but then I had a long talk with Dan Schmidt in our department at Duke University and he is not entirely convinced by the evidence – and there is a lot of evidence by the way, hundreds of footprints, pieces or hair that don’t belong to any known animal. But Dan’s point is that we can’t say for certainty that Bigfoot does not exist, any more than we can say that there is no life on other planets.


I spoke to some Bigfoot fanatics for that article and they are serious believers. If I had to guess what Bigfoot looked like, I would guess he looked like this.