This blog has moved!

Please go to my new Psychology Today blog to see what I'm up to. To buy the book, Bonobo Handshake, please visit my website. To follow the adventures of the Lola ya Bonobo orphans, please visit Friends of Bonobos

Monday, October 15, 2007

JT the bonobo - - video

Ilebo is my favourite baby. He acts like a big tough bully but actually he just wants love and attention. He’s reminds me of Justin Timberlake, acting all tough and grown up but really he's four years old.


If I’m in the nursery and not paying attention to him, he’ll slap the back of my head. He’s super jealous of Brian. If Brian comes near me while Ilebo’s around, Ilebo hits him then runs away. That makes me happy.

In the video, I'm doing Social Tool Use with a piece of straw. So I play this game where I poke him with a straw then I suddenly stop. We want to see what he does, if he wants to keep playing, if he picks up the stick and starts waving it at me, or if he just gets bored and leaves.