This blog has moved!

Please go to my new Psychology Today blog to see what I'm up to. To buy the book, Bonobo Handshake, please visit my website. To follow the adventures of the Lola ya Bonobo orphans, please visit Friends of Bonobos

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

More from our favorite girl...

Lomela is SO big now - she's almost as big as the other females! Not suprisingly, she's such a positive influence in the forest. What we hoped would happen has happened - the sweetest girl in the nursery is now the sweetest girl in the jungle. She is always calm towards everyone, spends a lot of time grooming everyone, keeps the group together and is quick to hug away any disputes.



I've just done a massive plane ride and I feel like a wrinkled shirt. I would love a Lomela hug.



Here she is grooming Etumbe on bonobo beach with Max and his beautiful hair watching them...