This blog has moved!

Please go to my new Psychology Today blog to see what I'm up to. To buy the book, Bonobo Handshake, please visit my website. To follow the adventures of the Lola ya Bonobo orphans, please visit Friends of Bonobos

Monday, August 17, 2009

Tata has died


From Claudine:

'To my friends, and everyone who knew him, Tatango died on Sunday... It was a hemorrage in his stomach... There was nothing to be done, nothing we coudl have forseen... And so he has left us.

Fanny, our new vet, did everything it was possible to do. Serge Belais and Doctor Kasongo (a human doctor who loves bonobos and helps us from time to time) were there as well to provide advice, since we had never encountered this situation before.And so, 'everything was done, and yet it wasn't enough'.

You know how much I love my Tata... and now there is one more who I will miss.

Enough of these bonobo sorrows...

Kisses,

Claudine'

too sad to talk about it - V.