This blog has moved!

Please go to my new Psychology Today blog to see what I'm up to. To buy the book, Bonobo Handshake, please visit my website. To follow the adventures of the Lola ya Bonobo orphans, please visit Friends of Bonobos

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Kata very sick

Kataco isn’t doing so well. She has amoebas. She doesn’t drink and she’s so dehydrated that her skin is hanging off her body.

It was so bad Crispin the vet had to give her an IV drip. The needle was gigantic. I nearly passed out just looking at it. It must have hurt so much but she barely whimpered.

Anne marie had to force feed her medicine for her amoebas.

I hope she doesn’t die. But she will if she doesn’t drink soon.

Claudine says Kataco is sad, very sad.

Sometimes, she says, bonobos die because they just don’t want to live any more. I cried in the toilet and spent an hour watching group one play in the fading sunlight because they were the ones that made it.