This blog has moved!

Please go to my new Psychology Today blog to see what I'm up to. To buy the book, Bonobo Handshake, please visit my website. To follow the adventures of the Lola ya Bonobo orphans, please visit Friends of Bonobos

Thursday, July 17, 2008

breakfast visit

Guess who ran up to our house this morning?

Lolo! She had just finished having a bath and smelled like coconut oil. She escaped the mamas walking her to the forest, ran to our porch and started sniffing around as if to say, ‘what do you guys eat for breakfast around here?’ Mama Micheline gave her the warning ‘Lomela!’ read ‘you’re in trouble’. So she jumped into my arms. My goodness she is heavier than the little stick insect of last year. It’s like she quintupled in size. Excuse my spastic looking face, I was just felt so sly and cunning to have caught her for a quick cuddle before breakfast.

I can hardly ever take a photo where she’s not stuffing food in her mouth.

Then I did. Just look at that tummy.


sponsor a bonobo! www.friendsofbonobos.org