This blog has moved!

Please go to my new Psychology Today blog to see what I'm up to. To buy the book, Bonobo Handshake, please visit my website. To follow the adventures of the Lola ya Bonobo orphans, please visit Friends of Bonobos

Monday, July 14, 2008

how to avoid getting gross worms in your feet.

shoes. and socks. being australian, i live in flip flops. big mistake in the dry season. the worms hide in the dirt, jump onto your toes, drill a hole, deposit the egg sag.

although it starts of very small. like i said, they cut open my toe the first day or so after I got it then nothing. then my skin healed over really thickly and the egg sacs somehow completely anaesthatized the area. it was when i banged my toe on the concrete and couldn't feel ANYTHING, that i thought something might be up.

i still wear flip flops but apparently the worms only come in the other Congo.

i am never going there again.